The Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy is Washington State’s coalition of individuals, organizations and businesses dedicated to reducing global warming pollution, strengthening our economy, and making sure all Washington families have a better future.We’re calling for immediate action to protect people, places and the quality of life in this state. We’re proud to call Washington home, let’s keep it that way.
We believe Washington:
- WILL respond to global warming by adopting standards and policies that reduce carbon emissions and hold big emitters accountable.
- CAN grow our economy, business sector and labor movement by incentivizing homegrown clean energy and technology, which creates good jobs and better choices for consumers, and improves health.
- MUST invest in communities of color and communities with low incomes disproportionately harmed by fossil fuel pollution.
We have proposed an effective and equitable approach to account for the devastating costs of carbon pollution and accelerate a just transition to a clean energy economy. Learn more about about our policy proposal that reflects the diverse values of the many constituencies of the Alliance and makes major progress on carbon pollution and clean energy. View a summary here
Lauren Breynaert | Coordinator
Ahmed Gaya | Field Director
- Lauren is a born and raised in Washingtonian with a passion for climate justice. Lauren has worked in environmental justice advocacy for the past 5 years in Los Angeles and Seattle working on national and statewide campaigns with a commitment to building the environmental movement at the intersection of racial and economic justice. When Lauren is not at the Alliance office, you can find her in solidarity marches in Seattle or on the Olympic Peninsula mountain biking and skiing.
- Ahmed comes to the Alliance with a decade of experience organizing for climate and social justice in the United States, Canada, and Europe. He joined the Alliance because he truly believes “It takes everyone, to change everything”.
The Alliance Steering Committee
- Patrick Mazza | 350 Seattle
- De’Sean Quinn | African American Community
- Carrie Nyssen | American Lung Association of the Mountain Pacific
- Tony Lee | Asian Pacific Islander Coalition
- Vlad Gutman | Climate Solutions
- Aiko Schaefer | Front & Centered
- Rosalinda Guillen | Community to Community
- Cheri Cornell | CoolMom
- LeeAnne Beres | Earth Ministry/Washington Interfaith Power & Light
- Mary Solecki | Environmental Entrepreneurs
- Paul Benz | Faith Action Network of Washington
- Jill Mangaliman | Got Green
- Peter Bloch-Garcia | Latino Community Fund
- Nancy Hirsh | Northwest Energy Coalition
- Rich Stolz | OneAmerica
- Robby Stern | Puget Sound Advocates for Retirement Action
- Kim Powe | Puget Sound Sage
- Amanda Jahshan | Renewable Northwest
- Adam Glickman | SEIU 775
- Robin Everett | Sierra Club
- Ricardo Gotla | Transportation Choices Coalition
- Ryan Miller | Tulalip Tribe
- Jason Barbose | Union of Concerned Scientists
- Sarah Cherin | UFCW 21
- Brenna Davis | Washington Businesses for Climate Action
- Mary Le Nguyen | Washington Community Action Network
- Shannon Murphy | Washington Conservation Voters
- Becky Kelley | Washington Environmental Council
- Washington Federation of State Employees
- Ken Lans | Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Jeff Johnson | Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO