Our Policy Proposal
In developing tools to achieve a prosperous future, the Alliance has stayed true to its name: our coalition has come up with a bold plan that cuts pollution and invests to build a robust economy.
When it comes to climate change in Washington, the problems are clear, but so are the answers. Our plan is to fund the solutions by pricing pollution to ensure we cut carbon emissions, create thousands of good-paying jobs, and clean our air.
How it works
Our proposal will generate more than $1 billion dollars per year by charging major polluters for dirty energy that damages our health and planet. That money will be invested to:
1. Build wind and solar projects along with clean transportation options while creating long-term, family-wage jobs, with high labor standards.
2. Provide job training and financial assistance to workers affected by the transition to a clean energy economy.
3. Promote forestry that cleans our air and projects that keep our waterways clean and running strong.
4. Ensure that communities hit hardest by climate change and pollution receive a fair share of investments.
5. Provide assistance to families with lower incomes and assure that they have access to affordable, clean energy.